Debugging with symbols is not enabled by default. These are the settings that have proven to work with Miruken and SymbolDownloader.
Tools > Options > Debugging > General
- Uncheck “Enable Just My Code”
- Check “Enable Source Server Support”
- Check “Print source server diagnostics to the Output window”
- Check “Allow source server for partial trust assemblies”
- Check “Always run untrusted source server command without prompting”
- Check “Supress JIT optimization on module load”
Tools > Options > Debugging > Symbols
- Add “https://nuget.smbsrc.net” to the “Symbol file (.pdb) locations:” list
- Set “Cache Symbols in this directory” to c:\temp\symbols
- Select “Load only specified modules” option
- Click “Specify included modules”
- Add “Miruken.dll” and “Miruken.*.dll” to the list
The “Cache Symbols in this directory” setting must match the “symbolFolder” setting in
You can set it to any folder, but they need to match.